Sunday, August 26, 2007

 

IT ALL DEPENDS WHAT YOU MEAN BY "UNSOUND", MR INSPECTOR

IT ALL DEPENDS WHAT YOU MEAN BY "UNSOUND", MR INSPECTOR

I have now read the Inspector's Report of the Crawley Borough Council (CBC) Core Strategy - which will have a significant impact on the Horsham District Council (HDC) Core Strategy - as it relates to Ifield Golf Club - and the WSCC/HDC/CBC Joint Area Action Plan (JAAP) - as it relates to Ifield Brook Meadows/Ifield Village Conservation Area.

I will quote the Inspector's Report directly - no further comment is necessary :


INSPECTOR'S REPORT ON THE EXAMINATION INTO THE CRAWLEY CORE STRATEGY (CS) - DEVELOPMENT PLAN DOCUMENT (DPD) - 20 AUGUST 2007

Para. 7
I have found aspects of unsoundness against tests iv, vi, vii & viii (4 out of 9 - Ed)...I have considered whether this...requires me to recommend withdrawal of the CS as unsound.

Para. 65
If housing were the only consideration to be placed in the balance, I would have been driven to the conclusion that the CS should be withdrawn as unsound.

Para. 66
In the circumstances, I find the housing provisions of the CS sound, but only in a heavily-qualified way.

Para. 128
I find it inappropriate for the Crawley CS not to include the Horsham reference to new development protecting the setting of Ifield Conservation Area* - especially as the Conservation Area is within Crawley, and the Study Area will now cover much of it
* "Ensure that new development protects and, where possible, enhances the setting of the Ifield Conservation Area" (HDC CP6)

Overall Conclusion

Para. 169
I have found the CS (Core Strategy) sound. However, I have identified some serious failures of soundness...Crawley's particular circumstances require that a firm foundation is provided...and moves securely ahead...Those two important requirements could not be met if the CS were withdrawn.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?