Wednesday, April 04, 2007
THE IFIELD DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE - THE SYMONDS INDEPENDENT MANIFESTO
1. THINK INDEPENDENTLY - Cut the party-political claptrap and tell it straight.
2. ACT INDEPENDENTLY - Take the party out of party-politics, and replace it with people - people in the community.
3. VOTE INDEPENDENTLY - 70% who don't vote must vote.
THE SYMONDS INDEPENDENT MANIFESTO
COMMUNITY POLICY 1
SCHOOL KITCHEN FOR EVERY PRIMARY SCHOOL IN IFIELD
The Untold Story : Ifield First School and its Hot Meals
COMMUNITY POLICY 2
SCHOOL PLAYING FIELD FOR EVERY PRIMARY SCHOOL IN IFIELD
The Untold Story : Ifield First School and its Playing Fields
COMMUNITY POLICY 3
HERITAGE CENTRE FOR IFIELD BROOK MEADOWS - VILLAGE CONSERVATION AREA
The Untold Story : 4,500 Housing Development - Ifield Golf Club - Ifield Brook Meadows - Ifield Village Conservation Area
COMMUNITY POLICY 4
HOSPITAL FOR IFIELD AND BEYOND
The Untold Story : The proposed new Pease Pottage Hospital is Private - not NHS
COMMUNITY POLICY 5
FASTWAY BUS SYSTEM FOR IFIELD
The Untold Story : 'The Farceway Overspend'
COMMUNITY POLICY 6
THINK CLEARLY - CUT THE PARTY-POLITICAL CLAPTRAP - TELL IT STRAIGHT
The Untold Story :
(a) ORWELLIAN "ELECTIONSPEAK" (Doublespeak + Newspeak + Doublethink) - to be exposed and outlawed in politics, and in politicians who want to bury our heads in the sand. As George Orwell himself said in "Politics and the English Language" (1946) : "In our time political speech and writing are largely the defence of the indefensible...designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind".
An "Electionspeak Dictionary" would include words such as Consultation, Reform, Care and Trust.
(b) TAKE THE PARTY OUT OF PARTY-POLITICS, AND REPLACE IT WITH PEOPLE - PEOPLE WHO REPRESENT THE COMMUNITY, NOT A PARTY. We are all 'political' in one way or another, but few of us are party-political. 6500 people in Ifield are political (100%), but only 2000 are party-political (30%), so 4,500 are not party-political (70%). Everyone is political, but not everyone is party-political. George Orwell put it bluntly : "In our age there is no such thing as 'keeping out of politics'. All issues are political isssues...". For example, the papers we read are political statements; our schools and hospitals are political issues of education and health - whether we like it or not, or whether we know it or not.
(c) TAKE THE PARTY-POLITICS OUT OF BUSINESS, AND REPLACE IT WITH INTEGRITY - Old 20th century party-politics has no place in the 21st century. Look to the future (eg Crawley - Gatwick's City of Diamonds - of which Ifield is the hidden gem).......Global Is Local - Local Is Global (eg Mortgage Interest Rates and Oil)
COMMUNITY POLICY 7
TAKE ACTION - BE INDEPENDENT - VOTE
- To those 4500 people in Ifield who don't vote - WAKE UP. WISE UP, AND GROW UP. Political parties - and party-politicians - rely on your apathy and indifference - especially the BNP.
- Get the 70% who don't like party-politics to vote.
- It's not about what I can do for you - independently. It's about what we can do together - independently as a community.
- If you want the BNP to represent you, don't vote (If you don't want the BNP to represent you, vote)
- If you don't vote, you're as bad as the BNP, if not worse - both insult those who have sacrificed much to win the democratic right to vote, and to protect our hard-fought freedoms.
- if you don't vote, you might not be racist - but you are useless to your community.
- if you don't vote, this means that you are 100% satisfied with what's going on around you - or 100% indifferent to what's going on around you.
- 4500 out of 6500 don't vote in Ifield (70% Don't Vote - 30% Vote)